Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Circles of Influence


Hello everyone

Thankyou to those people who posted messages on my first blog posting- it was so fantastic to hear form like minded people and to realise that in this day and age, we are all closer than ever to strangers in the street and the world over thanks to the www.

I have been thinking for sometime now about circles of influence.

A good friend of mine once highlighted the philosophy of friends and influencing people in our life being as concentric circles- those closest to us being in the innermost circle. I thought this to be very beautiful and realise through my own personal journey to be true.

People do come and go from our life: sometimes we meet random people who we instantly click with, others a friendship takes a while to develop. I like to think of this a s a beautiful flower germinating from seed... Likewise, people can often leave our lives quickly or fade out like a dying candle flame- and whether we fuel that dying flame can depend on the directions we are being pulled, and whether (I believe) this person was to be a lasting or momentary influence on our lives.

Now- please don't get me wrong, I have met people who have momentarily flickered into my life and have had a lasting influence, but the opposite can also be said.

I have had people in my life who I thought would be with me 'til my nursing home days- one in particular that I thought of as a sister. However, this was not to be. Circumstances and personal growth made us strangers, but this does not mean that I think any less of this woman, and I do believe we were in each others life for a reason for so many years.

The same can be said of past lovers. Oh! If only I knew then what I know now!!!!! But you know, I truly think that each experience serves to teach us something of our life path, and would really nowing what I know now have beeen appropriate at the time?

Still, ghosts of the past have a way of haunting us. If only I knew what they were trying to tell me...

Well, anyway, a little deeper than I intended for my secon blog posting. Next one will be lighter- promise!!!

Go well and tread lightly,

CK

No comments: